Thursday, April 5, 2012

Got an internship at the Mayor's Office!!!

Hi everyone!

So finally summer internship positions are out and I got the one I wanted the most. I am pretty excited to work as a City of Chicago Mayoral Fellow this summer.

Living the interviewing process in the US job crisis period was pretty competitive and meaningful. It is always a challenge to compete in a foreign environment. Sometimes you feel you are not well connected or that you don't actually know the job market, but after hard work it has great rewards.

For this position I prepare myself A LOT! I ask for advice at the Career Development Office regarding resume building, interviewing and negotiation skills in a completely different cultural environment. That sole experience was absolutely worth it! I would recommend that you take advantage of any resources available to you at your graduate institution.

I now have to fill out out the paperwork for the job. I've found out that apparently the size of bureaucracies are similar in every single country ;) (below the pic of the first page of the endless paperwork)

No comments:

Post a Comment