Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Traveling to..... Wisconsin?!

Hi everyone!

So this weekend we went to Merrimac, Wisconsin for a ski trip, disregarding the rare winter with no snow there! After an exhausting week, I had the time to "relax" (quotes for my magnicent fall while snowboarding that unabled me to do literally anything on Sunday)

People usually don't take advantage of studying in the US to make some affordable tourism. Even though Europe gives you an incredible life experience when talking about travelling, a big country like the US gives you the opportunity to met incredible cities and beautiful places that otherwise you would not be able to visit.

I've never though about travelling to Wisconsin, but this trips in fact give you the sense of how the people really are beyond the metropolis. Getting to know the true US is in fact meaninful for understanding the culture, history and public issues of this country.

If you are studying abroad, don't miss the opportunity to travel around your host country, even if the academic routine is driving you crazy. Travelling around (even for short weekends) provides you with insightful understandings of how things really work beyond your university cristal bubble.




2 comments:

  1. Ski trips are always exciting..Have a fun and enjoy a lot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! Actually I fell from the snowboard and hurt myself, but it was pretty fun.... And cheap if you are near Wisconsin.

      I am planning to go to Whistler this winter. Hopefully I will survive!

      Delete