Thursday, October 27, 2011

Elected Admissions Chair

Hi everyone!

I hope you are doing great. After warming up in the quarter, these weeks have been crazy, full of problems sets and homeworks due every week for each class. However, in the midst of the classes, the Student Government at the Chicago Harris School held elections for the new positions available for the incoming students.



Fortunately, I've been elected Admissions Chair for the year 2011-2012, so I'll be working closely with the Admissions Committee at the Harris School! Also, I'll comunicate throught this blog every tip that I think may be valuable for your application process. I will try to learn as much as possible and bring that to you! So feel free to contact me any time regarding your application process, because I believe there are many things in common between Harris' application process and other universites.




As part of your experience studying abroad, getting involved with some student organization will be key to fulfill your networking and learning skills. At the Harris School, there are dozens of students organizations of every issue you may be interested. From Education Policy to Social Issues, you will find people who have things in common that they like to share.

As I've said in previous post, it may sound threshed to you, but getting involved with your colleagues IS REALLY IMPORTANT when you are pursuing a professional degree. This becomes especially true when your are doing it in an environment where your are not familiar to and you may have to learn how to establish relationships, how to do business or how to find a job or internship in a culture different than yours.



Find a complete list of all the student organizations that make life at the Harris School of Public Policy to see what I'm talking about:
http://harrisschool.uchicago.edu/students/current-students/organizations/

No comments:

Post a Comment